*Please be aware that this service will be available till Monday – November 4, 2019.
>>> PLEASE send me only the „raw” picture in JPEG format, the one that is not modified by the photographer (meaning not yet saved in the format 600×600 pixels)
– If the photo meets the DV specifications, I will do the framing so that it fits the required dimensions and I will send you the resulting photo. <<<
DV-2021 UPDATE: Your entry may be disqualified or visa application refused if the photographs were not taken within the last six months, have been manipulated in any way, or do not meet the DV specifications! Submitting the same photograph that you submitted with a prior year’s entry will result in disqualification. You must not wear glasses or other items that detract from the face!
Starting October 1st, 2013 I have been helping a few colleagues from the Facebook page with the photos for the green card lottery. On this occasion I saw that most of the pictures sent for checking do not meet the requirements imposed by the organizers, namely:
– The head height (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height.
– The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56% and 69% of the image’s height.
Although the majority was made at a photo studio for the lottery, they did not meet the requirements.
In conclusion I have decided to offer consultancy for those wishing to make as sure as possible that the picture they sent together with the application form for the lottery does meet the participation requirements.
Because it takes a while for me to check every single photo, I have decided that I will be offering this service against a donation of 3 USD/photo/person. I will use the amount received for maintaining the www.dvlotteryinfo.com website.
Therefore, whoever wishes to take advantage of this offer can send me the pictures by email at firstname.lastname@example.org but not before making the necessary donation corresponding to the number of persons for which they want the photos to be checked. If it is only 1 person-the donation is 3 USD, if it is a family with 1 child – the donation is of 9 USD (3 persons=3 pictures). The donation must be done SOLELY through PayPal. I do not have another possibility. You must have a PayPal account or a credit card.
What I offer: I will check the pictures to see whether they correspond or not with the requirements – I will let you know what you should do in order for them to be valid, if the photo is good I will do the framing so that it fits the required dimensions and I will send you the resulting photo.
Steps to be followed:
1.You need a photo that meets the official requirements. If you don’t have the possibility to do the pictures yourselves – a high experiences in photo art is necessary, it is advisable that you go to a photographer with the printed requirements and tell him how you want the photo to be done.
You may find the requirements here:
– Instructions for Submitting a Digital Photograph (Image)
– Photo Requirements
2. Press the „Donate” button from below for making the donation via PayPal. If you send 2 pictures, press the second button, if you send 3 pictures, press the third button, if you send 4 pictures press the fourth button.
3. Send me an email message with the photo that observes the requirements set out at step 1 for each person that you want me to check the photo for and for which you have made the donation. Please specify the email address from where you make the PayPal payment in order for me to identify and match more easily the photos with the donation.
You will shortly receive a message with details on the sent photo/s.
I’m looking forward to it!
I hereby reserve the right to suspend this service whenever considered necessary.