The Welcome page is the first page you see when you log on the ESC Web site – http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/. To check the status of the Diversity Visa Lottery Form that you submitted, click Continue.
Completing the Enter Entrant Information Page
To complete the Enter Entrant Information page, you must enter the primary entrant’s information as it was entered on your Diversity Visa Lottery Form.
NOTE: If you forgot your Confirmation Number, click Forgot Confirmation Number (more info here). A Web page will display to help you access the system.
If you know your Confirmation Number, do the following:
1. In the Confirmation Number field, enter the Confirmation Number that you received on your DV Confirmation Page. You should have printed a copy of this page when you submitted your Diversity Visa Lottery Form. The Confirmation Number format is 2017XXXXXXXXXXXX.
2. In the Last/Family Name field, enter your Last/Family Name or select the No Last/Family Name option, if applicable.
Your entry must match what you entered on your Diversity Visa Lottery Form.
3. In the Year of Birth field, enter your four-digit Year of Birth (for example, 1962). Do not include the month or day.
4. In the Authentication field, enter the characters you see displayed.
If you are having trouble reading the characters, do one of the following:
– Click Speaker to hear an audio clip of the characters. Enter the characters in the Authentication field.
– Click Refresh to display a new code. Enter the characters in the Authentication field.
5. Click Submit.
Go NEXT >> Viewing the Status of Your DV-2017 Entry